This policy sets out how Adult Learning Support Nelson Inc (we, us, our) will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM?
We collect personal information about you:
- when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- from third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
- when you visit this website we collect anonymous information such as your IP address, domain name and button click data to analyze site traffic for “visits”. This information is collected and stored via Google Analytics and Facebook.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Literacy Aotearoa, or another Literacy Aotearoa poupou
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
Note: A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. This right is subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
We will make a correction if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [email protected]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
If you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk. We will take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings within your browser. If you disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the website.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date we upload the revised policy.
Date amended: 21 June 2018