Many of the people who use our services struggle to read. However, our promotional materials all use written words to convey ideas.
It’s about time we stepped up and conveyed our message in a format that more people can understand: video.
Could you be the videographer we’re looking for?
We’re looking for a creative videographer to produce us a 30 second video to introduce our services.
What’s the opportunity?
We’ll outline the content it needs to convey and give you the creative freedom to make a clear, punchy and well edited video.
We estimate the project could take up to 40 hours to complete over two to three months. We’re not video experts, but we figure the project could involve up to:
– 4 hours induction to the kaupapa (mission) of Adult Learning Support
– 4 hours drafting and editing a script for the video
– 10-15 hours shooting video and recording overdubs
– 10-15 hours editing
– 2 hours reviewing the project (what went well, what could be improved).
Paul, our Business Development and Communications Coordinator, will work with you on the project. We are happy for this project to count towards course credits if you are currently studying. Or for the project to be crafted as an ‘internship’ if that would be helpful for you.
When does the project need to be completed?
Ideally, the project should be finished by March 2017. You can choose the exact days and hours that you work on the project.
What’s in it for you?
* Real life client experience
* A positive referee for your CV
* A good buzz from giving to a cause that matters
* Creative freedom to have fun with this project.
Apply by midday on 1 December 2016
Email Paul McGregor at [email protected] to apply. We want to know:
* why you’re interested in this project
* why you care about Adult Learning Support’s work
* what relevant experience you have.
You can apply in any format that suits you: written form, video, art, design or by coming into the ALS office and having a chat. Of course, if you can point us to some videos you’ve previously made, that would be helpful.